I'm hoping I'm not the only one who gets little bolts of lightning thoughts out of no where about our little show...I am? Okay then.
Here are the points in various episodes I was thinking of when I came up with this question:
1) The call Pam makes to her mom right before the kiss (Casino Night)
2) Jim was trying to make his one big sale for the year (Diversity Day)
3) pretty much any episode where Jim is on the phone with someone doing sales calls (Various Eps)
4) Michael's phone calles with Jan and Realty Sales Lady (Casino Night)
5) Jim listening to Pam's 7 messages at the end of the day (can't think of episode)
I also took note that these are all phone calls that are not on speaker phone as compared to Dwight's call to Jan in "Health Care".
Okay. So my question is, why is it only some voices are heard but others are not? Why was it we could hear Pam'smessages and Jan and RSL's voices w/Michael, but not Pam's mom's voice or the people Jim was trying to solicit to?
At first I though it was because -- well, you can hear Pam and Jan's voices because they're DM employees. So it would make sense that they're subject to the documentarian's camera/microphones ...
but that doesn't explain why we were allowed to hear the RSL's voice with Michael in "Casino Night".
I just realized that the RSL and Jan were both on speaker phone in "Casino Night".
Hhhhmmmm...so maybe my employee involvement theory is correct?